Posted on: 31st March, 2015
The Karnataka Health Promotion Trustin partnership with London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Chaithanya AIDS Tedagettwa Mahila Sangha is implementing an intervention, Samvedana Plusin Bagalkot district of Karnataka state. This project aims to reduce violence and increase condom use within intimate partnership of FSWs.
KHPT invites applications from committed, compassionate and competent candidates for the following position(s) as mentioned below for the said project
1. Regional Manager: Position - 1, based in Bagalkot/Bangalore, Karnataka
Regional Manager will assist the Director, programs in programmatic management aspects. She will be responsible for providing management / technical support and assist the Director in assessing the needs and gaps in the Samvedana Plus interventions in Bagalkot district. The Regional Manager will also assist the Director in planning and decision making related to the interventions by sharing experiences and information related to the districts. She will support the CBO towards quality programming and achieving the desired outcomes. The specific roles and responsibilities are as follows
Roles and Responsibilities
- Regional Manager is responsible for the programme performance and achievement of project outcomes in the program districts
- Assist the intervention staff in analyzing the gaps and needs in programmes and guide the CBO to address these gaps.
- Regional Manager will provide guidance and mentoring support to other team members to ensure that the Samvedana Plus interventions are being implemented as per the proposals.
- Regional Manager will support other intervention staff members towards improving the quality of programs and based on the evidence gathered from the field.
- Regional Manager will monitor the project performance periodically through desk reviews of monthly/quarterly reports and field visits, identify gaps and provide constant feedback to the other team members on program quality issues and gaps and assist the Director to develop plans to address these identified gaps.
- Regional Manager should ensure that all elements of the programme (assessments, outreach, services, mobilization, monitoring and evaluation) are integrated well in the project implementation.
- Regional Manager should also coordinate with different units within KHPT like Communication, Training, M&E, Advocacy and Finance to ensure that programmatic needs of the CBO partner are met. She would have to communicate the field requirements and needs of the CBOs to these thematic units and ensure that technical support is provided on time.
- The CBOswould be provided basic training on MIS and the Regional Manager will provide hands on support to CBOs in filling up MIS and utilizing the information at their level. The Regional Manager will help CBOsin developing internal monitoring systems so that the programme can be monitored at the level of field staff. Regional manager also would review the monthly reports (programme and financial) and send their recommendations to the concerned who is consolidating the reports
- Regional Manager would help the CBOs to develop annual proposal and budget. Any change in the final proposals and the budgets would be communicated through the RM.
Technical Support and Capacity Building
Along with taking the responsibility of Regional Manager she will continuously provide technical support to the CBO team members to improve their ability to make programme implementation effective and efficient. She also some time needs to train the CBO staff in program management aspects.
Advocacy and Networking
The Regional Manager is responsible for building strong linkages with the NGOs and CBOs working for the cause of reduction of partner violence in the district. The Regional Manager will assist CBO in building networks and linkages with other government and non-government organizations in the districts in connection with achieving the required results
Regional Manager will create forums within the district to share interesting and new programme related knowledge. Regional Manager will share good practices within the program and also outside by using knowledge sharing forums like newsletter, websites, webinars etc.
Regional Manager should coordinate the research related activities like quantitative and qualitative surveys being conducted in the program districts and targeted population. Regional Manager is also expected to contribute for the analysis of these different surveys.
The responsibilities listed above are an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organizational requirements
Qualification and experience
- Post Graduate in Social Work / Social Sciences or any equivalent health or development post-graduation degree.
- Minimum of five-seven (5-7) years'of relevant progressive experience and project management experience and experience in leading a team is desirable.
- Experience working with community based organizations of vulnerable populations is desired;
- In depth understanding of issues surrounding violence on women and empowerment is desired;
- Strategic thinking and expertise in gender analysis, knowledge in programming in support of women's political and economic empowerment, gender justice and human rights;
- The position involves travel within the district of Bagalkot
- Fluency in written and spoken English local language (Kannada) is a must
The Regional Manager will be reporting to Program Director, Northern Karnataka.
:The salary for the position is in the range of Rs.43,200/- to Rs. 54,000/per month - which will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance etc.,
This position is reserved for woman candidates with required skills /experience and with excellent communication skills (spoken & written) both in English and Kannada. And also the position involves traveling
Interested candidates please apply using the prescribed KHPT ‘Application Format’ and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by by12th April, 2015..Candidates can visit www.khpt.org to download the Application Format
Please note that applications which are not in the prescribed KHPT Application Format will not be considered for shortlistingand only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
IT Park, # 1-4, 5th Floor, Rajajinagar Industrial Area,
Rajajinagar, Bangalore- 560044