20th November, 2014
The Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT) invites applications from committed development professionals for a Research Project Consortium (RPC) in collaboration with various International Agencies from different countries. The main objective of this project is to understand the structural drivers and pathways of HIV and to contribute in advancing the evaluation methods of structural interventions.
KHPT invites applications from committed, compassionate and competent candidates for the following position(s) as mentioned below for the said:-
1. Research Assistant: Position - 1, Location: Bagalkot, Karnataka
- Translation of tools, transcripts, discussion notes, resource materials etc from Kannada to English and back, ensuring that the meaning from source is retained
- Using software to provide and maintain (MS office/pdf) soft copies of the all resource documents
- Proofread, edit, clarify on transcripts and translated documents provided for use of internal and external researchers
- Interpretation of spoken local language during field visits, community meetings and discussions of managers, internal and external researchers
- Supervision of field level research activities
- Support to coordinate training activities for research
- Coordinate field data collection as per plans made with Research Manager.
- Coordinate for all supervision activities with Research Manager and M&E officer.
- Coordinate compilation and archival of data transcripts, translations and other training/resource materials
- Maintain monthly field activity report
- Support administrative and finance related information
Qualification and experience:
- Post Graduate in English or any equivalent health or development post-graduation degeee.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in translation (Kannada to English), and working on transcripts
- Previous experience in a health program at district level position, preferably previous experience of working with NGOs in HIV/AIDS programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both spoken and written, in English and local language
- Experience in working in MS office including word and excel.
The Research Assistant reports to Research Manager, KHPT Bangalore and administratively report to Deputy Director - Finance, KHPT, Belgaum.
The salary for the position is in the range of Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 18,000/ per month - which will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance etc.,
20th November, 2014
The Karnataka Health Promotion Trustin partnership with London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Chaithanya AIDS TedagettwaMahila Sangha is implementing an intervention, Samvedana Plusin Bagalkot district of Karnataka state. This project aims to reduce violence and increase condom use within intimate partnership of FSWs.
KHPT invites applications from committed, compassionate and competent candidates for the following position(s) as mentioned below for the said project:-
1. Regional Manager: Position - 1, Location: Bagalkot, Karnataka
Regional Manager is the position created to assist the Director in programmatic management aspects. She will be responsible for provide management / technical support and assisting the Director in assessing the needs and gaps in the Samvedana Plus interventions and directly responsible for the performance of Samvedana Plus interventions which will be implemented in Bagalkot district. The Regional Manager will also assist the Director in planning and decision making related to different interventions by sharing experiences and information related to the districts. She will assist the CBO towards quality programming and achieving the desired outcomes. The specific roles and responsibilities are as follows
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Regional Manager will assist the intervention staff in analyzing the gaps and needs in programmes and guide the CBO to address these gaps.
- Regional Manager is responsible for the programme performance and achievement of project outcomes in the program districts
- Regional Manager will provide guidance and mentoring support to other team members to ensure that the Samvedana Plus interventions are being implemented as per the proposals.
- Regional Manager will support other intervention staff members towards improving the quality of programs and based on the evidence gathered from the field.
- Regional Manager will monitor the project performance periodically through desk reviews of monthly/quarterly reports and field visits, identify gaps and provide constant feedback to the other team members on program quality issues and gaps and assist the Director to develop plans to address these identified gaps.
- Regional Manager should ensure that all elements of the programme(assessments, outreach, services, mobilization, monitoring and evaluation) are integrated well in the project implementation.
- Regional Manager shouldalso coordinate with different units within KHPT like Communication, Training, M&E, Advocacy and Finance to ensure that programmatic needs of the CBO partner is met. She would have to communicate the field requirements and needs of the CBOs to these thematic units and ensure that technical support is provided on time.
- The CBos would be provided basic training on MIS and the Regional Manager will provide hands on support to CBOs in filling up MIS and utilizing the information at their level. The Regional Manager will help CBos in developing internal monitoring systems so that the programme can be monitored at the level of field staff. All CBO reports would be submitted to the Regional manager and regional manager would review the monthly reports (programme and financial) and send their recommendations to concerned who is consolidating the reports
Regional Manager would help the CBOs to develop annual proposal and budget. Any change in the final proposals and the budgets would be communicated through the RM.
Technical Support and Capacity Building
- Along with taking the responsibility of Regional Manager she will continuously provide technical support to the CBO team members to improve their ability to make programme implementation effective and efficient. She also some time need to train the CBO staff in program management aspects.
Advocacy and Networking
Regional Manager will create forums within the district to share interesting and new programme related knowledge. Regional Manager will share good practices within the program and also outside by using knowledge sharing forums like newsletter, websites, webinars etc.
The responsibilities listed above are an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organizational requirements
Qualification and experience
- Post Graduate in Social Work / Social Sciences or any equivalent health or development post-graduation degeee.
- Minimum of five-seven (5-7) years’of relevant progressive experience and project management experience and experience in leading a team is desirable.
- Experience working with community based organizations of vulnerable populations is desired.
- In depth understanding of issues surrounding violence on women and empowerment is desired;
- Strategic thinking and expertise in gender analysis, knowledge in programming in support of women’s political and economic empowerment, gender justice and human rights;
- The position involves travel within the district and based in North Karnataka District
- Fluency in written and spoken English local language (Kannada) is a must
- Preference will be given to women candidates
The Regional Manager will be reporting to Program Director, Northern Karnataka.
The salary for the position is in the range of Rs.43,200/- to Rs. 54,000/per month - which will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance etc.,
The above position involves travel and preferences will be given to women candidates & candidates who have work experience with /Govt / Development sectors working in therelevant field.
KHPT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women candidates / physically challenged with required skills and willing to travel can apply for the position(s).
Candidates for this project who are sensitive towards child protection and have experience working with children would be preferred.
Interested candidates please apply using the prescribed KHPT ‘Application Format’ and email it firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 30thNovember, 2014. Candidates can visit www.khpt.org to download the Application Format
Please note that applications which are not in the prescribed KHPT Application Format will not be considered for shortlistingand only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
IT Park, # 1-4, 5th Floor, Rajajinagar Industrial Area,
Behind KSSIDC Administrative Office,
Rajajinagar, Bangalore- 560044
Visit: www.khpt.org for more details